January 6, 2014

Sigma 50mm f/1.4

I have been looking for a 50mm lens to use with my Nikon D800E for a while.  Unlike Canon, Nikon doesn't have a beautiful 50mm f/1.2.  The Nikon options are the f/1.8D or G, the f/1.4D or G, the f/1.2 manual focus and the Sigma 50mm f/1.4.

I decided to go for the Sigma after demoing the Nikon VS and the Sigma. I couldn't really see a difference in sharpness, the auto focus was totally accurate, the colors were a bit warmer and the built quality felt really good.  Plus, if it matters to you, it is built in Japan.

Nikon D800E Sigma 50mm f/1.4 
This shot was hand held at iso 800, f/2, 1/160 sec.  I believe it is pretty good. I haven't play much with the lens but I feel like f/2 is the sharpest aperture. I will post more photos taken with this lens soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment